Having worked with many builders, architects and designers it is interesting that I am most often asked by the consumer themselves as to how suitable a particular tile is for their application.
All Quality tile is rated using a number system of 1-5 as to its suitability for a particular application.
· Class 1 – No Foot Traffic
· Class 2 – Light Foot Traffic
· Class 3 – Moderate Traffic
· Class 4 – Moderate To Heavy Traffic
· Class 5 – Heavy/Extra Heavy Traffic
Distinctive Tile & Stone we will only sell and distribute floor tile that has a rating of class 3 or higher. Most big box stores, floor coverings stores and discounters have no idea what classification tile they are selling nor do most care.
· Class 1 – Wall and Backsplash Applications Only
· Class 2 – In most cases this applies to residential applications and is usually limited to area such as a bathroom floor.
· Class 3 – Residential Floor and Wall Applications Including Backsplashes, Bathroom Floors and Walls including wet areas as well as entryways i.e. walk off pads.
· Class 4 – All Residential Applications Including Medium Commercial Use i.e. Shopping Malls, Restaurants, Hotels etc.
· Class 5 – All Residential Applications, All Medium Commercial Applications as well as Vehicle and Operational Equipment.